Friday, May 29, 2015

Powertex Angel

I had a great time yesterday at a Powertex workshop with Joanne Bouma and four other lovely ladies.  Here is the project I made:

I love these products and the possibilities are endless.  I am looking to get certified as a tutor so I can teach others how to create their own works of art.

Here is the angel from start to finish.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

SENZ Classes for Imagine If NZ

I will be teaching two classes at SENZ this year for Jo at Imagine If using a couple of her MDF projects.  This is my first time teaching at SENZ and I am so excited and very proud of the two projects I have made for these classes.

The first class is a stunning mixed media angel which is designed to hang on the wall and measures 63cm from wing tip to wing tip.  she has a lot of texture and features heaps of chipboard and metal embellishments.

The second project is a delightful little letterbox done in rich reds and golds.  It has a wealth of luxurious embellishments on the top including ribbons and flowers and even a little bird.  The door is hinged and opens using a stunning crystal doorknob. the letterbox stands on a pole and is would make a wonderful Christmas centrepiece.

I am very proud of these two projects and I am so looking forward to SENZ in July, Hopefully people will want to make one of these and enrol in the classes.

Tarnished Angel

I am glad that I finally got this project finished it has been sitting for quite a while as I was not sure in which direction I was going to take it. But here she is in all of her tarnished glory.

Firstly I decorated a wooden placemat using tissue paper and card embossed with gears.  I then painted the whole thing black and dry brushed with Lumiere Pewter and Viva Inka Gold Copper.

I made the wings using a wire armature covered in tissue paper.  I love this method as it gives so much texture to the wings, I then glued the wings to the placemat.  Over the top of the wings I glued a paper mache torso that I made and I painted it black.  The opt of the torso was covered with a sand texture paste and painted black.  I then took some used baby wipes, ripped holes in them and using black Paverpol I draped them over the bottom half of the torso. I used pieces of doily dipped in black Paverpol over the top of the baby wipes.  While that was drying I added wooden and chipboard gears around the torso.  Once everything was dry I drybrushed with Viva Inka Gold Copper, Lumiere Copper and rusty paint.  To finish I added an old earring to the front of the torso to add a bit of bling.  

I am really happy with the way this piece turned out and I am entering her in the 

Left of Centre Creative Challenge

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Altered Book

Another finished project.  This one is an old Readers Digest Book that I have gutted and made into a journal. There finished journal has 70 watercolour pages bound into it, perfect for a small art journal. On the spine I wove fibre through the binding and added paper beads made from magazine pages.

I liked the design on the front of the cover so I  did not cover it I just added elements and embellishments on top of the original cover. 

Now back to the rest of the unfinished projects. 

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Biscuits Anyone?

I have been going through my stuff and have found quite a lot of projects that I have begun and then for various reasons have not finished. So I have decided to work through them and get them done. Here is the first of those projects, an altered biscuit tin.  I loved the shape of this tin and like all hoarders, I mean crafters, I held on to it and had started altering it.  Here is the finished tin.

From this:

To this:

I have explained the process in other posts so will not go into detail again.  This time I painted everything black and then drybrushed with Lumiere pewter paint.  The shapes are all diecuts from Kaisercraft, Memory Box and Cheery Lynn dies.  I have entered this project in the following challenges:

Rhedds Creative Spirit
Altered Eclectics