Monday, October 27, 2014

Imagine If 3D MDF Outhouse project

For this weeks Design Team Project I have put together a little 3D MDF Outhouse that Jo had sent me.  You can find more of Jo's 3D MDF projects here. 

Here is the finished project:




What I was trying to achieve was an out in the bush type of outhouse, a bit rough and ready.

Firstly I painted all of the pieces with black gesso, then I glued newspaper to the inside walls.



I assembled the sides and the seat of the outhouse. I then embossed some brown card with a timber pattern, cut it into strips to resemble planks and then I glued the strips to the seat, the floor and the inside of the roof. 

 
 
I also made the little toilet roll, after all what good is an outhouse without toilet paper and I added a little bit of grass growing up through the floor.  I then added a cobweb and a spider up in the corner cause all outhouses in the bush have creatures living in them.

 
 
I then covered brown card with aluminium tape and ran it through a crimper so that it would resemble corrugated iron. I painted this grey then I added brown and blue to give it the rusted faded look that corrugated iron gets after it has been out in the weather for a long time. 



 I cut up more embossed card to make "planks" for the front of the outhouse, covered the door with more corrugated card, and added a rope handle.



To finish off I added the chipboard bullrushes from Imagine If  and the kiwi from the Imagine If NZ theme kiwi set and some grass to the left side of the outhouse.  On the right hand side of the outhouse I used more grass and leaves and a Tui from the Imagine If NZ theme Tui set



I hope you enjoyed this little project and please check out what the other members of the Imagine If Design Team have been up to.

Imagine If Products Used:

3D MDF Outhouse
Chipboard Kiwi from NZ theme Kiwi Set
Chipboard Tui from NZ theme Tui Set.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing - so much detail, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Just like an outback dunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING! You are so talented my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow its awesome Ngaere. Looks so lifelike...brings back memories of one we had in the bush.

    ReplyDelete