For the second project this October I have made a really cool little Halloween diorama using one of Faith's "globes": These can be found at Faith Pocock Craft Studio. The "globes" have a surround frame and layers that when put together create a scene and come in various holiday variations. .
The last panel of the diorama has holes so that lights can be added to the frame. I ued some little LED lights that I had left over from Christmas last year. The chipboard moon with the bats comes from Imagine If NZ. I painted the moon and glued black tissue on the back behind the bats and then glued it to the board,
For the next panel which sits in front of the panel shown above I painted the trees and the owl, These are part of the MDF panel. I then added some chipboard toadstools and a bat from Imagine If. The spider and the web are die cuts. I added these to begin building up the scene but the panel looks just as good without the added extras. I just cannot help myself and I have to keep adding stuff,
This is how it looks with the two layers
For the next layer I added a die cut skeleton, grass and flowers and some chipboard gravestones and a bat from Imagine If. I stamped the roof after I painted it to give the appearance of roof shingles. I then added some sewing tissue beind the windows and painted them with Mod Podge. When the Mod Podge dries this causes the tissue to become slightly transparent which means that when the lights are turned on the shine can be seen through the windows.
Here are the three layers together showing how the scene is coming together.
For the front panel I added some more diecut grass and flowers and toadstools. I painted the pumpkins which are part of the panel. I added blak tissue paper behind the bads to make them stand out.
I then assembled the whole thing inside the frame.
I painted the frame black and then glued on die cut spiderwebs which I then drybrushed with white paint. I wanted to put feet on the frame but sould not find anything that worked. In the end I used the caps off some used glue sticks which I painted balck and they worked a treat,
The on/off switch, battery pack for the lights I mounted on the back of the globe using velcro dots.
This is a super cute project and it can be as simple as painting the panels in the globe or adding more to flesh out the picture as I have. Check out Faith's website to see the other "globes" she has available, especially the Christmas ones.