Saturday, October 16, 2021

Gothic Journals

 These little journals are made using halloween themed frames from Faith Pocock Craft Studio

















The covers are made using recycled book covers whihc were then covered in brown paper from shopping bags.  

I painted the covers black then I added lace to the spines, which I then painted with various metallic paints. I coloured the frames using the metallic paints and backed them with some vintage dictionary paper to provide contrast between the frames and the covers,

i then added metal corners to the front cover.  I dyed the papers inside and then bound them into the books using pamphlet stitch.  

These little journals measure 13cm x 9.5cm with a 5cm spine.  There are 5 signatures of tea dyed and hand dyed coloured paper, 120gsm and 100gsm weight,  Each signature has 12 papers per signature,

These are blank journals.


No comments:

Post a Comment