Sunday, January 31, 2021

Mini Libraries - Faith Pocock Design Team Project

I have been having a great time creating with the MDF projects that Faith has sent as part of her design team kits.  All of Faith's kits can be found here.

This is a simple little project using the blank MDF wood drawers.





To begin assemble the box using a good strong tacky glue. Once the box is assembled glue tissue paper over all sides and back of the box.


Once the tissue was dry I painted everything with black gesso.  I used IO molds and paper clay to make the decorations which I then glued to the box on the sides, back and top of the box.  

I added an old wooden drawer knob on the top and used Peg Dolls from the $2 shop for the legs,








When the clay had dried I painted everything with Verdigris Chalk paint "Blue Bayou". After the chalk paint had dried I did a black wash over the entire piece using watered down gesso.  Then I used Art Alchemy "Brass: was to highlight parts of the molds.




I then made two small books to fit inside the box.  I decorated the covers and spine with metal filigree pieces. I used a hidden spine to attach three signatures of hand dyed paper for a total of 72 pages in each book and the mini library was finished.















Because I enjoyed making these so much I then repeated the process with two more boxes.


























2 comments:

  1. Wow! So much that I would never have thought of, all starting with a few little boxes! It's not just your skills, which can, of course, be learned by anyone, but your vision which amazes me. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete