Friday, August 6, 2021

Steampunk Storage

 This project is a combination of two kits from Faith Pocock Craft Studio.  The base is one of Faith's book boxes containing a drawer and the other is a small set of shelves. 









These are the two bare units before I began to decorate them.




I painted the pieces with ivory chalkpaint. On the shelves I stencilled a design using grey chalkpaint. I then used a wash of burnt umber paint over the top.  I edged the pieces with black chalkpaint and then sealed everything with a topcoat of varnish. On the sides of the shelves i used modelling paste through the same stencil I had used on the inside shelves.  For the base I glued on four cotton reels for feet (everything looks cuter with feet) and painted the inside of the drawers with ivory chalk paint.

Using the same stencil I had used on the sides of the shelves I stencilled the top of the book cover and the front of the drawer.  I then painted everything with white ivory chalk paint and then used the same paint colours I had used on the shelves to build up the colour.  

I glued the shelves to the book cover.

I then used Finnabair moulds to make some resin pieces to decorate the unit.  I painted all of the resin pieces with blue chalk paint, then drybrushed all of the pieces with the ivory chalkpaint.  To finish the pieces I added some Finnabair rust paste.





I really enjoyed this project.  It shows the versatility of Faith's kits that they can be combined to make something new.



No comments:

Post a Comment