Friday, September 10, 2021

Pen Holders

 My newest project for Faith Pocock Craft Studio is a very simple one.  I took some of her small boxes and made some pen holders.  For the bigger version I glued three of the boxes together.



To cover the large box I cut squares, rectangles and strips of cardboard from a cereal box.  For the rivets glued on split peas along the seams of where the pieces of cardboard overlapped.  For the single box I glued pipe diecuts on all sides. I then used some of Faith's MDF cogs and glued them to the front of the boxes.  Once this was done I painted everything with black gesso and then I drybrushed everything with metallic paint.  

This is a very simple project and the boxes can be decorated using moulds or other items to make a decorative place to store pens and other office essentials,








No comments:

Post a Comment