Saturday, December 5, 2020

Book Art Studios Book Camp 2020

 I had a wonderful time this week up in Auckland.  Awesome location and some very inspiring people. While I was there I made a few books and met some fabulous ladies who are all very talented. I learn't some new printing techniques which I will play with a little more. Thanks to Jo and LIz Constable for their teaching and inspiration.  Liz can be found at Book Art Studios and Jo at The Design Space.

Here are the books that I made while I was at camp.  




"Weeds"

This book is made from a recycled cereal box.  It has 9 signatures with 5 pages in each signature.  It is filled with hand dyed paper.










"Shrooms"

The second book is also made using a recycled cereal box. This book measures 16cm x 12 cm with a 5cm spine.  It has nine signatures with a total of 216 pages. This has been covered with hand dyed eco print paper and a coffee stained doily.  Inside the book I have used hand dyed paper, eco print paper and old book pages from a botanical reference book. Throughout the book there are images of mushrooms and toadstools on some of the pages.












Book 3 - Never Stop Exploring

This is another recycled cover.  The book measures 13.5cm x 21cm with a 6cm spine.  There are 7 signatures with a total of 140 pages.  The pages are all hand dyed,  The books has been covered in coffee dyed calico on the outside and inside I have used recycled pages from a botanical book.  The spine has been stitched in colours to match the inside pages and I have attached wooden butterfly buttons to the spine for added interest.  On the front cover I have used die cut leaves and more wooden butterflies for decoration.









Book 4 - Fern

This little book is made from recycled packaging (Jelly crystal box).  It measures 7cm x 8.5cm with a 3cm spine.  It has four signatures of handmade paper made from recycled envelopes and teabags and has 64 pages.  I have used napkins to cover the book and it has a calico spine.







Book 5 Oddities

This little book measures 17cm x 10.5cm with a 4cm spine.  This book is bound using staples and offcuts from a purse handle.  It has 5 signatures of hand dyed paper with 100 pages. On some of the pages I have sewn on stamped images collaged with various papers and die cut offcuts.











No comments:

Post a Comment