Sunday, February 21, 2021

Steampunk Princess

 Here is the new project for Faith Pocock Craft Studio.



I began with a blank MDF head shape and wooden cogs. These can be purchased from Faith's website.






I played around with the positioning of the cogs on the MDF head.

Using diecuts I covered the face and neck of the MDF head. I then painted the whole head with black gesso and then I painted the face an neck area with Blue Bayou chalk paint. Once that was dry I drybrushed over the top with Art Alchemy waxes - Copper and Vintage Gold

For the cogs I painted them with black gesso them some of them I painted again with the Blue Bayou chalk paint. I then layered the cogs on the back of the head where the head would go.  I glued a couple of cogs over the eye area,  I then added small metal cogs, wooden Kaisercraft pipes and taps, screw split pins, and other small metal pieces and a chain.  I used silver, gold and copper wax on the whole piece and highlighted the taps and pipes with silver wax.

I then diecut some pieces from card, layered them up, coloured them the same as I did the main piece and then put them behind the back of the head to balance the piece out.  






This was a fun and quick project to make.  






No comments:

Post a Comment