Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Dragon Egg

Here is a little project that I made by upcycling a childrens toy.  



Here is the original toy before I got my hands on it.



I filled bag with rice and then I glued it inside the bottom portion of the wgg so that it would stand upright and not keep tipping over. 

Once this was done I glued the two portions of the egg together, gessoed the whole egg and then I glued tissue paper all over the body of the egg.
 

After gluing the tissue paper I then glued pieces of torn egg carton to the egg.



When the glue had dried I painted the egg with blue chalk paint.  




I then added metallic sprays and waxes until I was happy with the way it looked. I painted the hand with white chalk paint and then used waxes to give it some definition.

For the finishing touch I glued gems, seed beads and glass glitter randomly on the egg.  This piece has a gorgeous sheen and glitter to it but it is hard to pick up with the camera.








No comments:

Post a Comment