Here is the finished project:
What I was trying to achieve was an out in the bush type of outhouse, a bit rough and ready.
Firstly I painted all of the pieces with black gesso, then I glued newspaper to the inside walls.
I assembled the sides and the seat of the outhouse. I then embossed some brown card with a timber pattern, cut it into strips to resemble planks and then I glued the strips to the seat, the floor and the inside of the roof.
I cut up more embossed card to make "planks" for the front of the outhouse, covered the door with more corrugated card, and added a rope handle.
To finish off I added the chipboard bullrushes from Imagine If and the kiwi from the Imagine If NZ theme kiwi set and some grass to the left side of the outhouse. On the right hand side of the outhouse I used more grass and leaves and a Tui from the Imagine If NZ theme Tui set.
I hope you enjoyed this little project and please check out what the other members of the Imagine If Design Team have been up to.
Imagine If Products Used:
3D MDF Outhouse
Chipboard Kiwi from NZ theme Kiwi Set
Chipboard Tui from NZ theme Tui Set.