Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mini Album - Imagine If DT Project

My first DT project for the new year is a small mini album using up some of the product from my Design Team parcels from Imagine If.  To begin I made pockets out of black card with a gap on one side for the hinge and a gap on the other for a photo mat.

I distressed the paper I used to cover the pages and then glued the paper onto the pockets.  I painted black various gears, a frame and also I used left over pieces from the roof of the roundabout that I did not put on my project last year. 

I also used one of Jo's wonderful quotation sheets for this project.  The sheet I used is Dreams.

Here is the first page using a quote and a frame from Imagine If. There is room for a photo inside the frame and a there is a journalling spot at the bottom of the page.

Here is the second page without the tag insert using the roundabout roof pieces and another quote.  The labels are chalkboard labels from      

And here it is with the tag insert.

I made the tag out of black card.  Here is the front and back

and here is the inside

It folds up and I used a tab off a can of beans for the top.

For the photo mat I used one of the Imagine If painted chipboard gears for the tab on the side. Here is side one

and here is side two.

Here is the completed pocket with the photo mat inside.

For page three I used more chipboard from Imagine If. I used some left over pieces of trellis, a heart, a key and the square piece of chipboard is a leftover piece from the Advent Calendar kit,  I painted all of these black.

I then ran the square and the heart through an embossing folder.  Once embossed I dry brushed the square silver, the heart red and the key bronze.  I then assembled the pieces, added die cut wings, a diecut gear and feather and black dome.  I added flaps to both sides of the pocket and glued the assembled piece to one flap and used magnets to create a closure on the other flap.

For the next page I took some of the squares from the chipboard trellis and the little owl ad ran them through the embossing folder.  I also embossed the heart.  I painted them and then added them to the page.

For page five I used some of the little chipboard houses and some other pieces that had come in one of my DT packs.

I attached the houses to a fold out flap I created on the main pocket.

These are the chipboard pieces I used for page six.

.And here they are embossed and painted and glued to the page.

For page seen I used the chipboard horse but of course I couldn't leave it as a horse so I gave it wings, more in keeping with the dream theme. In the end I didn't end up using the banner and the heart on this page.

I attached the fence to a flap so it opens out.

For the last page I kept it really simple.

Finally I made a cover and here is the finished project.

I hope you are feeling inspired and please feel free to ask any questions about any of the pages.


  1. wow love it , and look at ALL that chip board you've used. The colours are perfect for this to

  2. A work of art, so much detail - love the colours