Take one blank mask and some chipboard peices, in this case wings, keys and padlocks from the new range at Imagine If. Rip a few holes int he mask then paint everything with black gesso.
Once the gesso is dry add some mesh tape and some masking tape over the mask in places. At this point the mask looks more like an accident victim than a piece of art.
Glue some diecut gears on the inside of the tears in the mask, then glue tissue paper over the back side of the gears.
Add more gear diecuts (Memory Box) over the front of the mask. It doesn't matter what colour card you use as it will all be painted black. I also added strips of black card to make it look like steel plates. the rivets are circles punched out black card and added after the paper strips were glued down.
over what I had already added to the mask.
It looks pretty rough at this stage but it will get there in the end. I added the teeth from a zipper and I painted everything with black gesso. I embossed the chipboard and dry brushed it with Viva Inca Copper and Lumiere Pewter and assembled the pieces. I drybrushed the whole mask with the same paints and added a little Ferro gold. I then glued on the chipboard pieces and the mask was done.
Hope you enjoyed this project.
I am entering this project into the challenges at: