Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tarnished Angel

I am glad that I finally got this project finished it has been sitting for quite a while as I was not sure in which direction I was going to take it. But here she is in all of her tarnished glory.

Firstly I decorated a wooden placemat using tissue paper and card embossed with gears.  I then painted the whole thing black and dry brushed with Lumiere Pewter and Viva Inka Gold Copper.

I made the wings using a wire armature covered in tissue paper.  I love this method as it gives so much texture to the wings, I then glued the wings to the placemat.  Over the top of the wings I glued a paper mache torso that I made and I painted it black.  The opt of the torso was covered with a sand texture paste and painted black.  I then took some used baby wipes, ripped holes in them and using black Paverpol I draped them over the bottom half of the torso. I used pieces of doily dipped in black Paverpol over the top of the baby wipes.  While that was drying I added wooden and chipboard gears around the torso.  Once everything was dry I drybrushed with Viva Inka Gold Copper, Lumiere Copper and rusty paint.  To finish I added an old earring to the front of the torso to add a bit of bling.  

I am really happy with the way this piece turned out and I am entering her in the 

Left of Centre Creative Challenge


  1. Amazing! This is really something that I'll remember, love it ... those wings ... colours ... textures and shapes ... Amazing! Thank you for joining Left of Center 79 challenge, good luck.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. Wow! Gorgeous Ngaere. I love all the texture & would proudly place this on my Craft Room Wall. Thanks for the inspiration & for joining us at Left of Center Creative Challenges for Challenge 79 black & White + one colour. I hope you can join us for our next weekly challenge. AELx

  5. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at LOC. Mo x