Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Southern Girls Texture Challenge

The new challenge over at Southern Girls Challenge is to create a project with "Texture".

For this challenge I played with doilies and Powertex to create a canvas.

 
I began this project with a chipboard heart from Imagine If NZ which I painted black.
 
I then layered a doily and lace over the heart and then I built up three flowers using more dollies and fibres.  The leaves are also made from doilies.  I used pearl buttons for the middle of the flowers.
 

 

 
 
 
I then decided to make a canvas to display the doily heart. I covered a 12x12 canvas with tissue paper, then I used crackle texture paste and texture paste through a harlequin stencil to make some texture on the canvas.  I then painted everything with black gesso.  Once the gesso was dry I drybrushed the canvas with red and copper Acrylic paint. 
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. You are the Queen of mixed media Ngaere!! This is stunning hun. So many textures and delish details. Love the way you've used all the doilies. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete