Thursday, July 22, 2021

Pink Balloon

This project is the one I made using the other half of the hot air balloon kit from Faith Pocock Craft Studio.  I wanted to do something similar but different to the blue balloon I posted earlier in the month.  The process is exactly the same as the blue balloon which has been detailed in my earlier blog. I just used different materials and different colours.










I glued silicone lace around the outside of the frame then glued small decorative half gems to the centre of the flowers,  I then cut squares and rectangles from chipboard and glued them onto the canvas then I cut a crochet doily in half and glued the pieces to the inside of the canvas. The corners were made using the wooden pieces that come with the canvas to stabilise it. and I glued on small rose gems to these pieces.  

I used some Imagine If chipboard pieces and more silicone lace to decorate the balloon itself. To colour this pieces I used Ranger Patina Paint in Verdigris, Jade and Moss colours.

For the background of the canvas I brushed on some Finnabair rust paste, using the brown rust and some green Viva Inka Gold wax . 


To read the assembly process please check out my previous blog - Blue Balloon.


















Materials 

Hot Air Balloon Kit Small   Faith Pocock Craft Studio

Chipboard Pieces   Imagine If 

Passion for Paint Chalk Paint   Verdigris Studio

Ranger Patina Paint

Finnabair Art Extravaganza Rust Effect Paste


 

No comments:

Post a Comment