Sunday, July 27, 2014

Altered Coaster Art

Sue over at Verdigris Creative Studio has set herself the challenge of altering one coaster per day for the whole year.  She is very ambitious and very dedicated to making this happen.  Anyway over the weekend she sent out a call asking for ideas and asking if anyone wanted to play along.  So I decided I would, not that I intend to make one every day, I might manage one a week if I am not too busy.  So here are the ones I made this weekend to play along with Sue and to give her some ideas.

So this is the first one I did to give Sue an idea








But of course I couldn't leave it at that so I decided to decorate it.  I used a plastic toy zebra that I covered with text paper and altered to match the block then added some wings and bits and pieces.

 
 


 
 
 
This next coaster uses chipboard letters that have been gessoed and then drybrushed. I am sure I will find something to decorate this with too, stay posted.




This one is a technique I was playing with that gave me a web like structure on the coaster so of course I had to add a plastic spider, a few branches and a helpless butterfly.


 
 
 
I must thank Sue for the idea.  These little pieces of art are gorgeous and so easy to do.  They can be stand alone pieces or can be incorporated into a bigger work of art. I think I can see more of these in my future.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. This is fab - gorgeous thankyou for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month.
    Eclectic Ellapu - Owner
    Altered Eclectics - Owner
    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    DT Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete