Sunday, September 7, 2014

Frame Challenge - Desk Organiser

With our last Design Team parcels Jo sent us out a challenge.  She gave us 9 frames that we could do use any  way we wanted.  Here are the undecorated frames.

I sanded an old placemat and then covered it with puzzle pieces

which I then painted black.  After the black paint I put on a layer of crackle medium and when that was ready I painted the base with caramel acrylic paint.

I did the same to a bunch of toilet roll tubes and the frames themselves.

Using a doily and black paverpol I made the pieces to fit inside the frames which I then joined to make a triangle. I embossed black card to back the triangles.

I glued the toilet tubes and the frames to the base board and then I embellished the centre of the doilies with bottle caps. 
Hope you like this little project and please follow the blog hop beginning with Lilian to see what the other Design Team members have done with their frames.