Sunday, August 17, 2014

Altered Photo Paper Tube

This week I decided that I would take an old cardboard tube that used to hold photo paper and make it into a decorative box.  Here is the result.



The roof is the lid and can be lifted off using the chimney.

Here are the items I used to begin the project.



Cardboard tube, two wooden coasters, tin lid.

I painted the tube with tissue and black gesso, then I used the Imagine If brick stencil and texture paste to add bricks over the painted surface.


I made a cone out of cardboard for the roof and glued it to one of the painted wooden coasters.  I then made a chimney for the roof. 


I covered a piece of card with metal tape and then ran it through an embossing folder and painted it red. Once it dried I sanded it back and then cut it into squares and glued it to the roof. 



I painted the bricks with yellow then dry brushed them with brown, then I painted the Imagine If chipboard trellis and glued it to the back of the tube.  Using a branch die cut I cut out some branches and threaded them through the trellis.  I glued on plastic leaves and then added some of the gorgeous Imagine If flowers and leaves to fill out the space.





I then painted a piece of Imagine If chipboard fence and added it each side of the trellis.
After die cutting a window and painting it I put lace behind it and glued it to the tube.  I then made a door and glued it between the two pieces of fence.  I die cut two small shrubs and added more flowers.  After painting up an Imagine If chipboard bird and a couple of rabbits I added them to the tube.




Hope you enjoyed this little project.  See you all next time.

13 comments:

  1. Awesome. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the texture and detail, clever work again

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are becoming a master builder ;) love your new house .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol you wait and see what is coming next lol

      Delete
  4. I love how you have created this home with up cycling.... The colours, the texture and the use of the chipboard is great!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan, I love reusing items that would normally be thrown away and making them into something different.

      Delete
  5. How cute! My daughter thinks it looks just like Rapunzel's tower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah I agree with your daughter, cause that is what I originally had in my head when I began making it.

      Delete
  6. My goodness, what an inspirational project! Stunning work! X

    ReplyDelete