Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mini Baba Yaga House - Version 2

You may remember a short time ago I completed a project using an MDF house from Imagine If that I called the Baba Yaga House.  Check out the original house here.  Well I had such fun making the first house I wanted to try making a smaller version. Using a small gift box I glued the lid of the box to the base and then I cut the top of the box into a roof shape.  Using another gift box I I cut the corner on the join to make the roof and I glued it all together, decorated it, cut a hole in the back and made drawers, glued the whole thing to a coaster and ended up with this version.  I used a lot of the same techniques on the smaller version that I had used on the larger version eg I added drawers in the back, I used popsicle sticks to get the weathered wood look and I used embossed metal tape for the roof. This version is about half the size of the previous version and is pretty cute.  I am really pleased with how it turned out and now I am going to try a good fairy version of the same thing.  Here is the finished project.








 
 
Looking around the internet I have found a few neat challenge sites that I am playing along with, so I am entering this project in the challenges at:


8 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome creation! Thanks for sharing with us at LOC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wo, wow, WOW! The details of this are beyond amazing! Love both versions of your Baba Yaga House. Uber creative and the addition of the drawers is brilliant! Thanks so much for joinng us in the dungeon at HDH. (I'm a new follower) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous! Beautifully done. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Fabulous piece of Art. I'm amazed at the creativity here. Stunning I love it. Thanks for joining us over at HDH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous altered art project! I love the details on there. Amazing! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, such attention to detail and so very much to look at with this project.

    Thank you for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! must've taken ages. Thanks for sharing your art at HDH x

    ReplyDelete