Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Tale of Three Tags

Welcome to the latest blog hop for Imagine If.  Once again you can begin this journey at the Imagine If blog.  If you have arrived here via  Lillian's blog then can you can follow on by heading over to  Tash's blog. This week I have made three Christmas tags using some of the amazing chipboard pieces from Imagine If.

Here are the three completed tags:



Here is how I made the tags.  Tag 1 - Joy

Firstly I covered a tag with Kaisercraft paper. 



Then I added a lace rub on up one side of the tag.  I painted up one of the Imagine If reindeer and added a bell around its neck.  I also painted one of the chipboard Christmas trees and covered two of the chipboard presents with more scrapbook paper.  I then took one of the circle frames and painted it brown, used crackle medium and then finished it off with cream paint.


 

I used the cuttlebug snowflake embossing album to emboss a circle of acetate.  I put this behind the circle frame and then glued the other pieces over the top.
 
 
 
 
 
I then added one of the Imagine If bows and a candy cane.  I painted the flourish the same as the frame and then painted up three of the little stockings.
 

 
 
 
I hung the stockings using bakers twine and added a sticker.      
To finish it off I added a piece of white ribbon using a Christmas staple from the Fastenator range.
 
 
 
 
Tag 2 - Steampunk Angel.
 
Here are the pieces I used for the second tag.
 

These pieces are the bits left over from the Advent Calendar project.


 
I painted the tag, gears and the offcuts from the Advent Calendar with black acrylic paint.  I then ran the offcuts through the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and dry brushed the pieces with silver paint.  I cut the pieces to fit on the tag and added the sprockets. 
 

 
I painted the torso black and then using tissue paper and red paint I covered parts of the torso.  I added white paint to the bodice and the skirt of the torso.  Once this was done I die cut wings using the Cheerly Lynn steampunk wings die and added them to the torso.
 
 
I finished off the tag with some silver snowflakes and white snowflake buttons, an Imagine If Merry Christmas chipboard and some silver flourishes.  I threaded white ribbon through the hole at the top of the tag and added an Imagine If chipboard bow to the waist of the torso. For the buttons on the front of the torso I used a spiral paperclip and glitter gems.
 


 
 
Tag 3: Santa is coming
 

 I painted the tag with green acrylic paint and ran it through a Craft Concepts Christmas Vine embossing folder and then dry brushed it with brown acrylic paint.


I used one of the Imagine If frames,


and an Imagine If flourish as the main elements of the tag,


and used a couple of palm fronds to add to the flower at the bottom of the tag.


I painted the frame white and then covered it with white embossing powder.  I cut out a picture from the Paper Arts Yuletide 5 paper range and glued it behind the frame.  I then covered the picture with crackle glossy accents.  I also painted the numbers and the star white and then covered then with white embossing powder. I ripped off a piece of paper from the Paper Arts Yuletide 5 paper  and glued it to the top of the tag.  I covered the flourish and the palm fronds with Mahogany Distress Ink and glued them to the tag.



I added a flower and snowflake and small green ribbon along with some pieces from a Christmas ornament I had lying around.

I added a sticker and some white ribbon to finish the tag.




 I hope these tags give you some inspiration and remember to pop over to the Imagine If website to get some of these gorgeous chipboard pieces t make your own Christmas tags or cards.

Imagine If products used:

Tag 1
Flourish from Large Damask Frame
Circle Frame
Reindeer
Christmas Present Time
Christmas Gingerbread and Candy Canes
Set 2 Mini Xmas Trees
Christmas Stockings

Tag 2
Cogs large set
Torso/Mannequin
Merry Christmas small
Christmas Present Time - Bow



Tag 3
Hand Mirror Frame
New Zealand Theme Koru Set
Christmas Stars
Flourish
Paper Arts Yuletide 5 paper

5 comments:

  1. very thoughtful work, great use of all the little bits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are little works of art Ngaere! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. Thinking like Wendy above. These are a work of art. I wouldn't want to give them away (Altho feel free to give them to me lol.) Thanks for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete