Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - Love

For my DT project over at the Crafty Cardmakers blog the challenge is "Love". Although the blog title is Crafty Cardmakers all types of projects are accepted so I decided to make a small mixed media canvas.





I began by making a background on chipboard.  I mixed blue, green and yellow acrylic paint with texture paste and then using a spatula I spread the colours randomly over the card.  Once the background was dry I stencilled orange paint and texture paste over the top and then stamped randomly to give a bit of visual interest.  I then splattered some burnt umber over the whole background.
Using strips of paper and a small heart frame I began to build up my canvas using embellishemnts, dies cuts, flowers and beads.

Once I was happy with arrangement I glued everything down using 3D gloss gel and added some micro beads.  I then found a small canvas, painted it with white gesso, and layered on some crackle stencil paste.  Once this had dried I soaked an old crochet doily in Powertex and then I draped it over the canvas and allowed it to dry.  Once it was dry I glued the mixed media piece on top of the doily and the piece was finished.
Please pop over to the blog and check out the projects made by the rest of the talented Design Team and I hope you feel inpsored to enter the challenge with your own project.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing amount of beautiful things to look at here. Lots of work and a fabulous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation Ngaere fabulous detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful project. Gorgeous details. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ngaere, this is stunning. I love all the vibrant colours and textures, also using the doily is a fabulous idea. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ngaere this is stunning! So much work has gone into all those little details - love it!

    Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - love the vibrant colours and all the detail.

    ReplyDelete