I covered the torso with the instructions from a dressing pattern, then I covered that with the actual pattern tissue paper. While the paper was still wet from the glue I wrapped around and around the torso with different coloured cottons.
I used powertex on the zip and wrapped it around the torso' hips. On the top of the shoulder I glued self covered buttons that I had covered in the sewing pattern instructions, topped off with a dome and quilting pins. I used domes running from the torso' chest up to the edge of the "arms" and underneath those I glued a lot of safety pins to get the "fringe" effect.
I wrapped the neck of the torso with a measuring tape and added buttons around the bottom of the neck for interest. I cut the ends off a cotton reel and glued them onto two packets of pins, which I then glued to the front of the torso. I added a dome and the end of a decorative pin to the top of each cotton reel.
Under the breasts of the torso I glued hooks and eyes and down the front I glued sewing machine bobbins. On top of each bobbin I glued a dome and a decorative pin.
I hope you enjoy this project as much as I enjoyed making it and please pop over to Southern Girls and check out what the rest of the design team have come up with.