Saturday, October 1, 2016


Here are a few more torsos that I made for my exhibition. 

This torso is a small one made from a paper mache torso that I had brought in Spotlight.  It is covered in die cuts then coloured with acyrclic paints and Viva.

The second torso is a full size paper mache torso covered in burlap that has been soaked in Ivory Powertex.  It is mounted on a large canvas. I frayed the edges of the burlap to give it a more organic look.

The next two torsos were made using a plastic torso. I covered the torso with tissue paper and painted the tissue paper.  I then used crocheted doilies soaked in red Powertex and transparent Powertex to cover the torsos.

These two are small paper mache torsos. One is covered in diecuts using the same materials and paints as the larger plaster version and on the second one I used, zips, powertex and lumiere metallic paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment