Sunday, June 13, 2021

Steampunk Owl Bookbox and Journal

 My first project this month for Faith Pocock Craft Studio is another book box.  This one is steampunk themed and I have also made a journal to fit inside the box. The jounral is not part of the kit.  I have used a combination of resin pieces from moulds, wooden cogs from Faith and diecuts. The paper is from Kaisercraft.











The piece on the inside of book box cover is made by using gel medium in a Stamperia soft mould. 








I covered the three sides with modelling paste then once the base coat was dry I used modelling paste through the Kaisercraft stencil to add texture. I then glued Kaisercraft wooden pipes and cogs on the side pieces. Be careful to not cover the tabs otherwise it makes it very hard to assemble the box. 




The journal has six hand sewn signatures of coffee dyed copy paper and has a chain and button closure. The cover is made from calico and has been stencilled using gold metallic paint and the Kaisercraft stencil. It has a button and chain closure.




Thanks for stopping by and I hope this project inspires you to get a kit and make your own bookbox.  It does not have to be used for a journal. It can be used for storage of



No comments:

Post a Comment