I used book board to make the covers and covered it with calico which I then painted. I covered the spine with some old lace and glued the tag and a bit more lace to the front cover.
The pages are a combination of different weights and types of paper which have been coffee dyed. To get the gorgeous green and red papers I dyed them with food colouring.
On some of the scrapbook pages I sewed lace to create pockets.
The inside covers have been covered with Christmas serviettes that have been glued ovver old dictionary paper,
I made tabs using the remnants of the serviette papaer, lace and buttons.
The journal has nine signatures each comprising 7 pages. I sewed the signatures in using pamphlet stitch and sewed buttons into the spine as I was sewing the signatures.